Workforce Development Officer
Shelter Tasmania is the State Peak Body for Housing & Homelessness. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building the capacity of the housing and homelessness workforce in Tasmania. The Workforce Development Officer will join our small and professional Hobart-based team. This is a permanent Hobart-based position, working 4 days per fortnight.
The Workforce Development Officer researches, develops and coordinates the training needs of the housing and homelessness sector, as part of the Workforce Development Program (2018-2023). The position takes a lead role in working with the Shelter Tas CEO, the Shelter Tas team, Specialist Homelessness Services and Community Housing providers to deliver the outcomes of the Workforce Development Program (2018-2023).
Only those applications which address the following selection criteria will be considered.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- An understanding of workforce development and workforce planning
- Experience in project management, including development, implementation and evaluation of projects
- High level written and verbal communications and IT skills
- Demonstrated capacity to manage competing priorities whilst meeting organisational deadlines
- A well-developed capacity to identify, establish and maintain effective partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously, manage time effectively and work within a small team setting.
- Highly self-motivated and creative
- Previous experience in working in a community based organisation
- Understanding of and commitment to Shelter Tas’ values and to the affordable housing and homelessness sector
- Current driver’s license.
Shelter Tas promotes equal employment opportunities with all selection based on proven experience, qualification and/or training and the applicant’s potential to most efficiently undertake the responsibilities of the position.
Please read the following documents before submitting your application: