This training will explore trauma informed practice at all levels of the organisation, as opposed to direct client work , which has been explored in previous training sessions. This training is designed to address the unique challenges faced by managers and leaders who work in organisations that support vulnerable or traumatised people. It will be beneficial for any current, aspiring or potential managers.
The 2 day course will include:
- TIP theory
- the impact of trauma on development and on practitioners
- dynamics of working with trauma/impact of the work on the worker
- trauma re-enactment: reasons why traumatised people re-enact and its impact of the organisation
- the importance of supervision
- impact of trauma on the organisation
- organisational congruence
- reflective practice
- creating a trauma informed organisation.
Time and Date
Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th April in Hobart
Thursday 26th and Friday 27th April in Latrobe.
Cost and Available Places
The cost of training is highly subsidised by the Workforce Development Strategy and cost will be $190 (inc. GST) per person for 2 days.
As per procedure, Type 3 SHS services will be given priority for attendance, and total numbers at each session will be capped in order to ensure quality of service. In the event the training is oversubscribed, we will may need to limit numbers per service. Please contact us if you would like to send more than 2 people per program to the training.
Please contact Shelter Tas for more information and registration details.