The Tasmanian Government is providing an additional $60 million over three years in this year’s budget to support Tasmania’s Affordable Housing Strategy 2015-2025 and its commitments under the Affordable Housing Action Plan 2015-2019.
A total investment of $178.6 million in 2016-17 will improve housing affordability and help those most vulnerable to housing stress and homelessness. In 2016-17, 624 new houses are expected to be delivered.
Key commitments in 2016-17 for housing services include:
- $20 million in new funds towards supply and reform initiatives under the Affordable Housing Action Plan
- $12.7 million in existing capital funds towards housing projects that support the Affordable Housing Action Plan
- $102.5 million to deliver public housing services
- $24.3 million (plus indexation and Equal Remuneration Order) to deliver Specialist Homelessness Services and Housing Connect services
- $3.3 million from the Housing Fund to increase supply of affordable housing under NRAS.
Click on the following links to access the full details: